Monday, March 31, 2008

stormy night

We had a spectacular storm the other night here in Ky. Of course, I ran and grabbed the camera. I have never photographed lightening before.

There was lots of sheet lightening

which doesn't make for a great a pic but I persevered and ended up with a few good shots of fork lightening, which, by the way, is extremely hard to photograph. The storm started miles away and I watched it over my back fence, until it passed through Ky. At that time I saw lightening forks over my head... thats when I tucked under cover. But it kept moving away from us, which is when I took most of the photos below. There blurry as I didn't really feel like standing out in a lightening storm with a tripod....



















1 comment:

Nikki and Steve said...

Hey -- late seeing them, I know, but these are great. When was the storm? I totally missed it. We need to update these blogs more!

I wanted to send you this article from NPR -- it's about photographer Harry Benson. There's a photo gallery attached, too.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=89620157