Thursday, May 10, 2007

T-Shirt designs

My partner and I have been making our own printed shirts. While he's gone for more funny/movie quote/character T's, I've been designing little motifs. We've been using computer transfer paper.

This one went on a hoodie jumper and the buddha, below, went on a long sleeve t, which I grabbed from the Op Shop. It leads me into another project I'm going to start, called ReFashion. You have to pledge that for a period of time, like 2 months, 4, or 6, you won't buy any new clothes. You have to either recycle.. like from an Op Shop or old clothes, or make your own. Its to do with sweat shops and anti-consumerism, but more on that in another post.


I also like the idea of using my photographs, like of the buddha statue, in my T designs. I'd really like to screen print as well, but this is fun enough for the moment. I can't imagine either of us buying T's like this now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE your t-shirt designs! I must get some tranfer paper and try it myself.

Dslash said...

Hey man these are COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DDDslashlive.blogspot.com xxxxx